Stage Name: SooYoung (수영)
Real Name: Choi SooYoung (최수영)
Position: Lead Vocals, Main Dancer
Birthdate: February 10, 1990
Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
Blood Type: O
Language/s: Korean (fluent), Japanese (fluent), English (conversational)
Sibling/s: SooJin (older sister)
Years Active: 2002 – present
School: ChungAng University (Performing Arts and Theater – 2009)
– She doesn’t call her unnis “unni”.
– Jessica gave her the English name “Summer”.
– One of her pastimes include discovering new facial expressions when she faces the mirror without any make-up.
– Nicknamed Cheerful Princess because of her charming personality. She is considered one the friendliest members in the group.
– A TRAX member taught her how to play the drums while Sungmin taught her how to play the guitar.
– She was part of the Jeong Shin Female High School choir back in her high school days.
– Aside from ShikShin, the girls also gave Sooyoung the nickname NaSoo which means interrupter.
– She is close friends with Lee Yeonhee. Their friendship started way back their pre-debut days when they auditioned for the Korea-Japan Idol Casting. They were reunited after many years for the movie Soonjung Manhwa.
– She was given the title “Kim Yuna of the Entertainment Industry”.
– If she wasn’t in SoShi, SooYoung said that she would have been a designer.
– She sang the opening song ‘I Am’ for the Korean version of the anime InuYasha.
– Her Japanese name is Che Suyon.